Our very first guest post!!! LatinasUnited had the pleasure of working with Tammy (NotARichGirl) on a makeup post we wanted to give some insight on natural alternatives in the make up world and Notarichgirl who has a makeup blog and she came up with this amazing alternative to facial cleansing using natural products that you may have at home. Enjoy!
So how exactly do I use oils without leave my piel a huge oil slick? Simple. I apply a few drops of the oil to DRY hands and a DRY face and rub in a circular motion for 30 seconds as my makeup is broken down. Then I remove the oil by placing a hot towel to my face and leaving it there for another 30 seconds, the steam removes the oil and makeup. In the beginning you will need to apply a few drops of oil to your skin after you remove your makemaquillaje to add some moisture back to your skin, but after a few weeks that step won’t be necessary.
As you can imagine if this works for oily skin then how is it for dry/combination skin..? Bueno también! The beauty about using oils as a part of your skincare rutina is that: it’s natural and you’re not applying harmful toxins to your skin, affordable especially since you only need a few drops of oil for each use, and you probably have what you need in your cocina already!
- Coconut Oil – Great for dry skin and rough patches.
- Jojoba Oil – This is the oil closest to the natural oils on your face. This is great for those with acne prone skin.
- Avocado Oil – This oil is great for those with dry skin and helps prevent signs of aging.
- Grape seed Oil – This is great for those with oily skin.
- Castor Oil – Highly antibacterial, but can also be very drying. I do not recommend using this oil by itself, it is very thick and can be difficult to remove when used alone.
- Olive Oil – Moisturizing. A great oil to mix with any of the above oils.