Here is the recipe for my apple tart! made it yesterday and it was delicious, I’m pretty sure your family will enjoy this simple yet yummy recipe.
- 1 sheet ready rolled pie dough
- cooking spray
- 1 beaten egg yolk
- 4 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons of light brown sugar
- 1/4 of a cup of chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 of teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons of melted butter
- pinch of salt
Directions: Preheat the oven to 350º F. In a large bowl, gently mix all the filling ingredients. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Arrange the pastry dough on the baking sheet. Arrange the apple mixture evenly in the center of the pastry, leaving enough dough to fold over to create a crust. Brush the crust with the beaten egg and bake for 45 min or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Cool before serving.
Enjoy and Happy Fall!