Conditioner, Nail polish, exfoliator…The list goes on. Sometimes we can’t resist spending on beauty salons and supplies.
We gathered a list of affordable beauty tips and tricks that you can do at home without spending an extra dime.
photo: Courtesy of Canstock
- Dry and flaky lips? Use petroleum jelly and a tooth brush (YES! TOOTHBRUSH). Put a little bit of petroleum jelly on your lips and brush it in circular motions and wipe.
- Dry skin? Use 1/2 a lemon juice with two teaspoons of brown sugar and a 1 tablespoon of honey to exfoliate face and body. Rinse with warm water.
- Want stronger and longer nails? Mince a garlic clove and add it to a clear nail polish. Your nails will get an feel stronger.
- To dry your nails faster. Submerge your nails in cold water after painting your nails.
- Always use your ring finger to apply moisturizer or concealer to the eye area. It puts the least amount of pressure on the skin. (less wrinkles ladies!!!)
- Apply lotion right after taking a warm shower or bath. Your pores are open and the skin will absorb the lotion better.
- Dry Feet? Apply petroleum jelly and cover with a sock before going to sleep.
- The right way to comb your hair after washing to avoid breakage is to start at the bottom and work your way up.
- Apply white eye shadow or white eye liner to the inner corner of you eyes. Your eyes will look to brighter.
- Last but not least (you probably know this one) Water, water,water! drink a lot water to keep your skin and hair hydrated .
Do you have a beauty trick that you want to share with us? Let us know