This past week I had a serious life changing experience. I never took it serious when people told me “Jen, slow down! You can’t do it ALL!”
I’m the type of person that has a hard time saying NO to people especially if I know I can help. I tend to carry the world on my shoulders. I’m always in a rush to get to work. In a rush to get the kids ready, In a rush to get home and cook. I Stress about all the things going on in my life. I’m tired from lack of sleep, I can’t remember what a day to myself even is. My weekends consist of playing catch up of all the things I was suppose to do during the week but couldn’t get to. Sometimes we get so carried away and allow problems and stress to take over our lives. Our lives are constantly changing and we are always BUSY but we have to find a way to Slow down and better ways to cope with change and stress. We focus on being the perfect mom, or playing the role of the perfect wife that we fail to realize we sometimes stretch ourselves to thin and then are juggling to keep things in place.
Sometimes we really learn the hard way and it doesn’t have to be that way. Learning to take a step back and analyze your life. This will help you get a clear picture of all the things that REALLY matter in life. A great example would be having good health, having food to put on the table, coming home to an apartment, being grateful that you have a job because these are things that many people don’t have. We complain so much but we fail to see the simple things in life that are actually the major things in life. Being grateful for things you have been blessed with is what we should focus on. Learning to enjoy life for what it is and being able to learn to say I need help, I can’t do this on my own and accepting the fact that you can’t do it all. We should have a good network between family and friends to help us when we are in stressful situations to avoid making mistakes that can potentially lead to bigger problems.
When talking to a good friend of mine she mentioned how frustrated she was with things at work and home and one day driving home she realized she had been taking her frustrations out on her kids. She realized she was always speeding to get to work or get home that she was not only putting her life jeopardy but hers kids lives as well.
I’m sure we have all been in stressful situations at one point or another. Problems will always be there. Along with problems come stress, which affects us in more ways than one and we are more likely to make mistakes. In the role of being a mom comes many pressures and I’m learning everyday that it’s definitely a work in progress. I’ve realized I will never be the perfect mom/ Super mom I just want to be a good mom…
Here are some tips on learning how to manage stress to help making fewer mistakes along the way.
1. Accept the fact that you are not SUPER WOMAN….
2. Organize your self and start with writing everything you need to do down in a notebook.
3. Prioritize what’s most important on top and so forth.
4. Speak to your mom, friend, partner or you can always try and seek therapy
5. Make time for your kids, set time and dates to have one on one time with your kids and be prepared to LISTEN.
6. Slow down, Speeding can get you a pricey ticket and your putting lives at risk. Rushing through life won’t allow you to appreciate life’s most precious moments.
7. Accept the fact that we are not perfect and we make mistakes too.
8. Understand that when under Stress, we tend not to always think clearly and more likely to make poor choices.
9. Find solutions to your problems not excuses.
10. Believe that God will not give you more than you can handle and have FAITH that things will get better.
“Listen to yourself and in that quietude you might hear the voice of God” Maya Angelou