When looking for a starting point with all the things you would like to change in your life, I think a good place to start would be with the Woman in the mirror. Finding the time to focus positive energy into creating a better you is challenging but never impossible. We frequently find all the negative things in our life but fail to see what we ourselves are doing. What ever energy you are radiating and focusing on it will come back to you. Sometimes we are aware of all the things we need to change we just don’t know where to start. The answer is very simple, get to your nearest mirror and start with the person you see in it. Many times we look for happiness in someone else rather than finding it within ourselves first. Once you find the mirror here are some things you may want to reflect upon.
- Distinguish what are your NEEDS vs. your WANTS…( understand who you are and accept it and come to the realization that we will not always have what we want but that should not determine our happiness.
- Accept your imperfections.. (after all that is what makes you unique)
- Accept your perfections… (and utilize them to maximize becoming a better you)
- Find some one who knows you best and can help you point out many of your qualities.
- Set short term goals.. Then focus on long term goals..
- Focus your Energy on what You need to do to achieve your own personal growth.
- Never allow someone to take away your happiness…because misery will always want company.
I find that we waste so much time talking about what the next person is doing or trying to keep up with the latest gossip news or petty DRAMA that we lose so much valuable time. That valuable time that could have been spent inquiring about a class at your local Community College or spending time with friends and family or having quality time with your children. Don’t wait for the New Year’s Eve to start setting goals. Grab a pen and paper and start writing your thoughts on your life and what you would like to achieve now. We have the POWER to determine how successful we will be, The question is how much are you willing to push yourself for it. It took me a long time before I realized I was Fighting Me to be Be Me….