Photo: Johanny Casillas
The celebration of Earth Day began in United States in 1970. It is a day to demonstrate support to environmental protection. Earth Day is not only celebrated in the United States, people all over the planet have joined this cause to make the world a better place.
What can you do to help the planet? Here is my list…
- Gardening: Spring, is a perfect season to celebrate Earth Day, you can plant a tree or make your own garden. Your kids can help too! Making it fun and creative.
- Recycle and Reuse plastic water bottles: Reuse the same water bottle or bring your own container from home.
- Recycle and Reuse bags: Reuse plastic bags for garbage or bring it to the store again when you go shopping. Some stores will give you credit for each plastic bag that you bring back.
- Don’t throw away that storage bag or Food container: Unless was raw meat in it you can always recycle your plastic food container and your storage bags. Rinse it and ready to use.
- Limit the use of paper towels and napkins: Reuse old news paper and water to clean glass windows and tables. I promise they will shine better than when you use the towels.
- Hold a garage sale: It might be old for you but for somebody else can be something new.
- Buy or make earth-friendly cleaning products: Mix 1/4 of a cup of baking soda with 1 cup of white vinegar to clean the bathroom. Or use 1 cup of vinegar and 3 cups of water to clean counters and glass.
- Let’s exercise: Walk or ride your bike instead of driving; it helps the environment and your body too.
Any other idea? Send your comments to LatinasUnited.com
enjoy the Planet!