Some of my friends say they don’t know how to pick Yuca. Well.. very simple. you cut the tip of the yuca and if the flesh is all white is good, my mother also says if the skin outside is purplish is also good but if you don’t want to go through all this just buy frozen which is cheaper and it will taste good as well.
Enjoy this easy and tasty recipe made with cassava (yuca) an starchy root vegetable that is also high in carbohydrates and fiber (which are good for energy!) the red peppers and onions add an amazing flavor that I hope you and your familia will enjoy.
Serving: about 3 people
- 1 pound of yuca peeled and cut in big pieces
- About 1 1/2 cup of water with 2 teaspoon of salt to boil the yuca
- 1 red pepper seeded and thinly slice
- 1 medium onion thinly slice
- 2 tablespoon of good extra virgin olive oil
- salt and red pepper flakes to taste
Boiled the yuca in the salted water (taste the water it should taste lightly salty). In a pan on medium heat add the oil and sautéed the onions and pepper. Add salt-if necessary- and red pepper flakes to taste. Pour over the yuca and enjoy with some queso frito (fried cheese). In my country we eat it with salami too!
Buen provecho 🙂